Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Being a Mentor, Days 4 & 5

My mentee and I finished out last week with two more busy days. Here's what they looked like.

Day 4 of Mentoring
We started out the day having coffee with one of the lenders. He & I had planned to meet the previous Friday & it hadn’t turned out. It was great to have my mentee meet another lender. The more people she meets as she goes along, the better. If a buyer is already working with a certain lender, it is easier for the real estate agent if they have met in person. If the buyer doesn’t have a lender yet, it is easier for the real estate agent to create for the buyer a list of possible lenders he or she has met if the buyer wants it.

In the afternoon, we showed property in Orchard Mesa & Glade Park. Properties that are more rural can have wells and septic systems. Also we were lucky because the properties we saw had views of the surrounding cliffs and mesas. Glade Park is actually above the Colorado National Monument. Here’s a link to the CNM webcam. http://www.nps.gov/colm/photosmultimedia/webcams.htm You can imagine the views!

Day 5 of Mentoring
Here's what a buyer packet looks like.
I had floor scheduled for 9-11 this morning. When Bray is open, we have someone always available to answer questions about Bray properties. We also answer general questions about buying & selling homes. We can help people if they call or come in, & they want to get started in the process of buying a home or selling their current one. My mentee came in & shadowed me for that. I created a packet in case a buyer came in.

I ended up getting a call from someone who wanted to sell their house. I will be going over there later this week to see everything. This has basically finished our first week together. It was a good week. My mentee is scheduling her calendar & learning lots. So ... I told her to take tomorrow off from real estate & get her family life caught up.

No comments:

Post a Comment