Monday, September 9, 2013

Being a Mentor, Days 2 & 3

Last week my mentee and I kept busy with a variety of set-up, orientation, and mentoring activities. Here's a brief description of what our days looked like.

Day 2 of Mentoring
My mentee got a tour of the office. She also got her phone extension and did more paperwork for the office. We looked at a Comparative Market Analysis that I am working on for a listing. While we were doing that in Navica, we also looked at property information. I've talked about Navica here before, and how to understand Navica MLS listings. At the end of the day, she attended a Bray Productivity Meeting about Money Management and Profitability. The productivity meetings are run by a Bray agent & offered to Bray agents on most Wednesday afternoons.

Day 3 of Mentoring
At the beginning of the day, she attended a Bray Contracts Class about Listing Contracts. The contracts class is run by a Bray agent & offered to Bray agents on most Thursday mornings. I like to attend those classes when I can, but I attended a GJARA board MLS committee meeting. I am currently a non-voting member, & I hope to be a voting member on that committee soon. You may remember that GJARA is the Grand Junction Area Realtors Association.

Later in the morning, my mentee spent time at the front desk, learning to use the phone there & seeing what it was like at the front. Agents call to set showing appointments on Bray property. People walk in to meet with Bray agents or if they have questions. If they are not working with any agent yet, they are helped by the floor person. It can get busy at the front desk! Mentee had lunch with one of the lenders. In the afternoon, she & I went to get office supplies together.

No comments:

Post a Comment